RE: RE:Truck 360

From: STRICKLAND, Tate (tstricklan@shl.com)
Date: Wed Nov 04 1998 - 14:55:44 EST

Alan, what you have to remember is that a lot of people just want to LOOK
better going down the road. How many lowered 6 banger shivy full sizers are
going down the road right now with wide tires and wheels, fiberglass skirts,
black windows, and dual pipes - approximately two gazillion. Same for six -
and at least used to be - FOUR cylindered stangs and f-bodies. A lot of the
car buying public puts a premium on LOOKS!!!! That's why even though the
injected shivy trucks up until '96 ran like TURDS, people bought them in
droves because they thought they looked good. Same for Dodge - pre 94 full
size Dodges were fine, but most people thought they were ugly, thus they DID
NOT sell. New body style in '94 and BAM - sales shot through the roof!!!!!!

You have a VERY agile truck that is VERY QUICK FOR A TRUCK. 9.25 rear is a
dream! But a helluva lot of what you paid for is the lowering, the rims and
tires, decals, painted bumpers, and those flares - not stuff to make you
fast - stuff that John Q. Public wants for his truck to make it LOOK cool.

Just my opinion.

If it was up to me, the R/T's would have one piece fiberglass front ends,
front runners, tubs, and slicks!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!

But then it wouldn't be a REAL TRUCK like you have - would it?

Tate