[Fwd: Re: RE:Truck 360]

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Wed Nov 04 1998 - 17:15:12 EST

Ryan, kind of impulsive aren't we? I saw that show and started drooling
like Homer. It was the next day, about 15MAR98 when I got in the phone
book calling around. I got a few I DONT KNOWS and DAKOTA WHATS? and
then ,VIOLA! Yeah, I got 7 invoices and 6 have deposits(right) he tells
me, do you mind a purple rc? Heck no I said and went straight over to
put my 500.00 down to hold my new, unknown truck. It was built on
29MAR98 and shipped to the rail head near Aliance airport by 3APR. My
salesman, being the swell guy he is, took me with him to the rail head
and let me drive it to the dealership for make-ready,it had 1.5 mi on
the odometer from one lap around the test track at Chrysler. By the way,
they finally re-ran that episode just this past weekend and I now have
it on video to enjoy forever. Alan S.

attached mail follows:

Hey Alan,

I thought I was the only that bought an R/T because of the Motor Trend TV
test.
I also saw it being tested and just had to have one. I had actually never
ever sat in, let alone driven, a Dakota until I picked mine up (after
waiting 6 months). I love it but I agree that they could have done more
than just add a 3.92 rear to make it feel fast.