RE: 30 quatloos on the newcomer

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Wed Nov 04 1998 - 18:00:26 EST

Javier,
welcome to the DML!
Have you registered @ the R/T registry yet? As far as headers go, you have
the basic choice of short tube vs. long tube design. If you want shorty
style (The only type currently available for the R/Ts dual head pipe
arrangement) then IMO the JBAs are the way to go! In fact, JBA is currently
offering their headers at the DML special price (I think it was around
400.00 for stainless steel with ceramic coating) if you order the new
mandrel bent headpipes for the R/T (only) for 150.00 (chromed) or 200.00
(ceramic coated) both are 14 guage mild steel. The debate rages on HP vs.
header style, Y pipe vs dual inlet cat, high flow cat vs. stock etc. etc.
but for the R/T our current, CARB choices are kinda limited...JBA (619)
265-3056 (x105) ask for Jeff, tell em the DML sent ya. I use the JBAs and I
like em, there are more opinions out there... (duck) Carrol Shelby is using
the JBA headers on the SP360 Durango...
Im not holding my breath on the new computer from mopar, but when its out,
Ill have one too! As far as other mods, may I suggest a ported TB from "the
list" or MPI. Seems to deliver about 30 more HP. Also the JETII module is
available for the R/T and is good for about 11 HP (new dyno # from Frank's
Ram) Still trying to figure out how to get more without "breking the
seals", but so far, no go... Maybe the MPI manifold next (9th injector too!)
Have fun and stick around (or vice versa)
BKB