Re: vustom made valve covers ?

From: N2mopars@aol.com
Date: Wed Nov 04 1998 - 18:39:40 EST

<< Bruce , Frank , Patrick , Jules -

 You are the guys that are into the machining stuff right ?

 Is there any way to make some nice , single piece , poliched aluminum valve
 covers ?

 I saw some a while back that this place had for the Impala SS . They were
 smooth on top and polished with "Impala SS" engraved in them in the same
 style font as the badging on the car .

 I would *love* to have a set of those that say "Dakota R/T" in the same
 font as the badging on my truck .

 I know that the initial cost would be high , but I think it would be worth
 it .

 Any ideas ?

 Anyone know of a company that makes custom covers like this ?

For all interested. I have been told that pre-Magnum A-engine valvecovers,
will bolt on, as the 5 bolt pattern they use is still part of the 10 bolt
pattern our Magnum valve covers use. You just have to use some good gaskets,
like Felpro to cover the corners. I will find out exactly which gaskets work,
and post that here. Also, I have seen a company advertised in National
Dragster that will custom make any billet valve covers. Unfortunately, I
throw out my ND's after a week, cause they pile up real quick!!! I will look
in the latest issue to see if they are in there.

Brad