Re: Were's the beef? Was no Reg. test-rained out

From: Ron Merx (ronmerx@nol.net)
Date: Wed Nov 04 1998 - 19:21:12 EST

Whit wrote:

> So back to what I think is the big problem, the cam. I don't have the
> stock cam specs but let's look at the RT cam,
> Cam specs 204/208 duration at .050 and .458/.467 lift with 1.6 ratio
> rockers. That's their high performance cam, Pathetic!!!

1.7's rockers will "beef" it up.

> Whit
>
> >Not to mention the rest of the BIG 3,they seem to be makeing more with
> >less. I believe Z-28's are up to 320 HP(SS) on a 350 while Ford is
> >makeing about 330 HP also with a 4.9L(Cobra).

Have had SS's and Cobra's asking how can a (5000#) TRUCK out run them. They
keep coming back with "missed a gear" or sumpin like that :>) Low 13,s on a
good night.

> >Alan S.

Hope I'm not out of place with having an Indy Ram but have a solar yellow R/T
on order and plan on moving all the "goodies" to it after breakin. Should be
interesting with the lower weight.
Life's too short, Lets play....
P.S. Oh Yea, 90,000 hard miles and no problems. Tuff TRUCK engine? Thats why my
new toy is gonna be a Dodge. Been through the rest now got the best...

--

Ron Merx (IndyRon) <ronmerx@nol.net>

'96 Ram Indy Pace Truck, Vortech Supercharger, Mopar R/T cam, Mopar Perf. Computer, Crower 1.7 rockers w/ H-D springs, MSD 6A-BTM ignition, J&S Digital Safeguard, MPI Pro Street TBI, DynaMax muffler 3" hiflo cat exhaust (custom built), 4.10 Gears, Borla Headers, 24# injectors, TransGo kit, B&M Floor Shifter, AND........