RE: RE: Header ?s

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Wed Nov 04 1998 - 19:37:42 EST

Russ,
a friend of mine orders all of his Edelbrock stuff from Pepboys. They can
get most anything now adays... FYI, Gibson headers are JBAs. My only
reccomendation is get whatever header you decide on coated with a ceramic
coating. Paint, any paint, will not last, leads to rust and eventually
holes! Ive had mild steel headers on all of my Mopar "classics" and other
than the coated ones they all rusted eventually. Also check for clearance
on Long tube styles. My 72 Cuda has long tube Hooker super comps and they
work great until you go over a bump (had to weld on a skid pad) and the
steering linkage hits at extreme right turns... And Hooker has been doing
this for a looooong time.....
BKB