Rim Backspacking question.....HELP!

From: HKUSP40578@aol.com
Date: Thu Nov 05 1998 - 02:49:36 EST

OK well I am just doing some planning for my 4 Inch Trailmaster Lift....
I was talking to Trailmaster on the phone today and I can fit a 32 inch
tire on mt Dak with the lift with no rubbing at full compression.....I have
always been concerned with backspacing because I do not want to tires to
be too far out or too far in, so I asked the rep what they suggest to use.
The guy said that the distance from the inner sidewall of inflated tire to
rim mounting surface cannot exceed 4 3/4 inches to avoid tire to upper
control arm interference, since with the lift I have to put on their new
Upper Control Arms.......suggested wheel backspace they say is 3 3/4.
Does this sound right?? Say I get a rim(15x8) with 32x11.50 tires, and rims
that have a backspacing of 3 3/4, what will this look like???? Like how
will the tire be in relationship to the edge if the fender flare/wheel well?
THANKS ALOT GUYS! You all have been a great help in the past 5-6 months!
Kyle
         (__) ,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was sent via Jaek and
         (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow gateway. That is to say, the
  /-------\/_/ : :: :: : ) person who sent this message could in fact be an
 / | MAIL|| \_ ' '`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this message was
* ||"" || \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu domain, it
   ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the world.
Please keep this in mind. Thank you! --Jaek (smit2204) and -Jon- (stei0302)