Lost plug story (non dak)

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Fri Nov 06 1998 - 17:04:51 EST

Gary,
had the same thing happen on my 70 440 challenger. Thought I lost a rod it
banged so loudly. 2:00am in Coalinga (no where) fog too thick to see 50 ft,
and Im hitchhicking away from my R/T challenger, hoping to find a gas
station (not a chance) Came back the next day to find the Challenger
gone... Towed by CHP... Finally got back to the car , only to find the
spark plug was still in the damn boot and the threads in the head were
intact! got wired the 85.00 towing fee, finger tight spark plug install (no
tools or flashlight, hence the hitch-hike) and back on the road...with no
wallet, fell out in the 18 wheeler that gave me a ride.
lots of fun, but why did it come out?
BKB