Re: Headers: Mopar Vs JBA/Gibson

From: Whit (bigdog@netdog.com)
Date: Fri Nov 06 1998 - 20:09:32 EST

At 06:08 PM 11/6/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Whit,
>
> Thank you sooo much for posting that. I called Tom @ Mike Leach (guess that
>is the name of their company). He quoted me $330 for my 97 318 4X4 CC. If
>these are truely the same as the Mopar you just saved me a TON of $$. They
>are the long style and include the tri-y (whatever that is). He even went on
>to tell me the only trouble would be with a bolt on the passenger side under
>the floorboard. He sounded like he knew exactly what my truck looked like and
>knew all the kinks. I will order them Monday. He quaranteed that l would
>notice a seat of the pants gain.

I felt pretty comfortable recommending this one. I am glad your experience
so far is as good as mine was. BTW, tri Y means that the 4 pipes collect
into 2 and then those 2 collect in one, essentially making three Ys. BTW,
headers (any headers) make a lot of heat in the engine compartment. If you
have the bucks, get them ceramic coated. If you don't have the bucks,
don't worry about it ;-)

Whit