Re: Headers: Mopar Vs JBA/Gibson

From: Whit (bigdog@netdog.com)
Date: Fri Nov 06 1998 - 20:16:04 EST

At 05:05 PM 11/6/98 -0700, you wrote:

>>Thank you sooo much for posting that. I called Tom @ Mike Leach (guess
>that
>>is the name of their company). He quoted me $330 for my 97 318 4X4 CC.
>
>Doug Thorley at least USED to make Mopar headers... maybe they switched,
>maybe they use multiple suppliers to produce the same design... for this
>price, I'm assuming they're just painted mild steel tubing? Can they do
>stainless? Can they do ceramic coating? Just some things for you to ask &
>consider...

They are mandrel bent, triple nickel coated, 14 guage tubing with 3/8 inch
flanges. I redid mine with ceramic coating becuase I had really serious
under hood heat problems with my 350 Cherokee. I should mention one thing.
 The flanges weren't as straight as I would like so I planed them down just
as a precation. I hate header leaks.

Whit