Re: RE: Headers: Mopar Vs JBA/Gibson

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Fri Nov 06 1998 - 23:39:39 EST

I sent a long email to DT a couple of months ago asking about fitment
problems, power increases, longevity, coatings and just about everything
else. The only thing they sent back was a one line reply stating that they
did not make the headers for the 97+ Dak's and to contact Mopar Performance.
Sounded pretty final to me, and kinda bitter. I think I will be calling Mr.
Leach myself. Hey, here is an idea. How about a group purchase on Leach
headers and make sure that they will be available in both chromed and un
chromed for those that will want to have them coated? I for one will jump on
that deal!!
John
98 Dak 4X4 (removing unwanted custom body and suspension mods)
BTW, the adjuster FINALLY took a look at the truck this morning and wrote up
the quote, though I have not seen it yet. Looks like it will not be totaled,
not that I am surprised.

<snip>
However someone said
Doug Thorly makes the headers for the Dakota. I don't know if this is true
but I would give Doug a call and see what his deal is.
<unsnip>