Re: Drag Racing

From: N2mopars@aol.com
Date: Sat Nov 07 1998 - 14:36:10 EST

<< Alan:

 Over the past couple of days there has been much talk about drag strip times.
Could you explain to me (a non drag racer) as it is 'not rocket science' how
different owners can get different times from the same stock R/T?

 The only difference, as it appears to me (pls. explain if otherwise) is the
driver.

 This post is not intented to provoke a 'Fzck Off Big Mouth' from you, but to
get and understanding of why different drivers can get different times if
driver skill has no bearing on it.

 If someone else knows, please join in. Thank you.

 Sam
 97 SLT Clubcab 4x4 V8

All though all trucks are the same, they really arent. Different altitudes,
weather and track conditions play a big role in track times. My truck, on
two different days, at the same track, with totally opposite weather
conditions, will run three tenths slower.

Brad