A500 transmission Temparature vs Fill Question

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Sat Nov 07 1998 - 16:41:07 EST

------------------------------
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 09:23:00 EST
From: ShelbyKota@aol.com
Subject: DML: A500 transmission Temparature vs Fill Question

OK... dipstick has engraved into it: "CHECK WHILE ENGINE IS WARM"

Now... describe "WARM":

Idle for 5 minutes
Idle for 1 hour
Drive around the block
Drive 10 miles
Drive 50 miles
Hold candle under transmission

    Is there a certified (not insane) mechanic who can answer and PROVE the
answer to this question. For as delicate as my transmission is (A-500 in my V8
Dakota Shelby) this is very critical for me to know.

All imput would be appreciated.

Michael Weary
founder of:
The Official Shelby Dakota Register

According to my owners manual normal operating temperature is reached
after the truck is driven for 15 miles....fluid too hot to be comfortably
held between you finger tips (180F). Warm is 85 - 125F.

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, B.C.
Canada