Re: Re: Body Lift Questions

From: binary/IIRG (binary@shoelace.digivill.net)
Date: Sat Nov 07 1998 - 18:21:06 EST

> behind the wheel I had to take the fender off on the inside to stop the
> mount from spinning inside. I really wasn't much work doing it but it took
> some time to figure out what to do at that point when I was cranking on the
> bolt and it was just spinning...
>

> Good luck
>
> Chris

thanks, but i ran into a little problem.. My uncle is a pro. mechanic so
he lets me use his shop from time to time.. (a large lift really helps). I
went up there friday monrning to do the timing chain (it was on 137,000
miles and had over 2 1/2 inches of play!) and the body lift and a tuneup..
We did the chain and went and put the truck up on the lift.. I've had this
truck for 3 months now and never really had a good look under at the frame
when i bought it from a _dealer_ for too much money.. well anyways whoever
had the truck before me did alot of off-roading becuase both rear
cross-members (the one under the tranny and the one holding the torsion
bars) were smashed in and bent.. so i get to go have the frame measured
now (this truck IS full of susprises :) does anyone know if a dealer can
sell a truck with a bent frame without telling the buyer? well i just had
to share that i'm going to throw things now..

- nick

94 Sport CC 3.9 4x4 with a custom frame job :)