Re: Body Lift Questions

From: Chris lang (langcj@clarkson.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 05 1998 - 23:20:31 EST

>how am i supposed to re-attach the front bumper?

The way I redid my front bumper was to drill new holes in it about three
inches from the original ones. I had two friends hold it up where it looked
like it should go and a third to make sure it was straight and I marked the
new holes on the bumper braket with some chalk so they would line up with
the holes in the frame.

>next, there are 2 square "blocks" that are "bed supports" what am I
>supposed to do with those?

I had the same blocks and they're sitting in my garage still in the box the
lift came in. I don't really know what they're for anyone else know?

>as far as the radiator shroud do i need to cut off the entire bottom or
>just enough so the fan won't hit?

For the fan shroud I just cut enough so the fan would fit the shroud is
spposed to help to cool the radaitor so i figured I'd leave as much as I
could.

If you need anymore help just ask it should be an easy install I don't
remember if I told you but I sprayed all of the cab and bed mounts with
liquid wrench for a few days before I did the lift. I still had a problem
with two of them the one behind the drivers side front wheel and the
passenger side by the radiator. The bolts for the cab do not screw into the
frame directly but into a claw type thing that rests into the frame. I
never got a real good look at one but I could stick a screwdriver in to stop
it from spinning and after enought play it popped back into place. The
mount by the radiator was no problem since it was very accessable and I
could stick a screwdriver in there to stop it from spinning but for the one
behind the wheel I had to take the fender off on the inside to stop the
mount from spinning inside. I really wasn't much work doing it but it took
some time to figure out what to do at that point when I was cranking on the
bolt and it was just spinning...

Good luck

Chris