Re: Synthetic fluids

From: Elmer Hanhart (hanharte@SWBell.net)
Date: Tue Nov 10 1998 - 16:22:49 EST

Dkota4by4@aol.com wrote:

> O.K., I'm sold on the Amsoil. Now, where can I find it? Pep Boys and Auto
> Zone are both no gos. Any other suggestions?

In the Austin area there is a chain called VAN'S that carries Amsoil. A
lot of mom & pop parts stores seem to carry it also. Usually there will
be an Amsoil banner on the window of the store. I will agree that it is
great stuff. Does anyone have it in an NV3500 tranny? Which weight and
type did you use? I read on the rear-end gear oil and it says you can
use it in limited slips, but I wonder if you still need the LSD
additive.

Erich 98 ext. cab v8 5spd.