Tires, Plates & Wires

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Sun Nov 08 1998 - 15:25:22 EST

Howdy! Just got back for Hilton Head and I know this sounds goofy, but I
missed my Kota... Had an incredible time down south but we got stuck with
a chevy blazer while we were down there :(

Anyway, just wanted to take a quick pole on tire pressure... The only
pressure indicated on the sidewall of the stock Goodyear 31x10.5 RT/S is
50psi for max. payload. I pumped 'em up to 45 psi. I read somewhere that
for high speed travel you can pump LT tires 10psi over the sidewall value
for improved economy... 60psi sounds awful high to me! Any thoughts/what
inflation pressure does everyone use?

I installed the MOPAR skid plates (T-case and Front Suspension) myself and
now I get this brief but God awful creaking/groaning noise when I
accelerate from a stop... Do these things need to settle into shape or
something? I torqued everything I could get the wrench on to spec.

I installed the Magnecor wires I bought from Patrick today (Thanks
Patrick)... IS ANYTHING EASY TO DO ON THESE TRUCKS! I figured, Hah!, plug
wires -- piece of cake... NOT!!! When I started the engine up the JBA
headers smoked for about five minutes while the skin that got scraped off
my hands burned off! I guess that's kind of gross so my apologies to
anyone with a weak stomach out there :-)

L8r,

T.