ATTN: ALAN -- Header wrap

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Sun Nov 08 1998 - 18:51:14 EST

Alan, you shouldn't have any heat problems. When I first put my headers on
I was worried about the heat too. I used the wrap for nearly a year before
I had mine coated. I will tell you that the wrap will not do much in the
way of heat reduction. For the first few minutes it keeps temps down, but
after things get up to operating temperature they put off about the same
amount of heat. And with the wrap it takes longer to cool down. And as
many have told you the wrap is bad for the headers. Mine came through ok
but the chrome plating was history in a few places. Another year or so and
I believe they would have rusted through in a few places. If you would like
to see what effects the wrap had on my headers you can look at them at:
    http://web.wt.net/~mclark/headers/
If the heat bothers you like it did me I suggest you have them ceramic
coated. The coating made a BIG difference for me, and they look great too!
Hope this helps.
---Mike, near Houston.---
 My sig file=====> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/signature.txt
 My Dakota page==> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/dakota.html