Re:

From: Vincent Heckathorn (victorylane@iwaynet.net)
Date: Sun Nov 08 1998 - 23:47:29 EST

I have lowered my 98 sport 5.2 by cutting 1 coil out of each front spring
and used 2" blocks on the back. I am going to get the spring mounts that
lower the back next spring and get rid of the blocks. Some DMLers will say
that cutting the springs is the wrong way to lower the front but if you do
it correctly there is no adverse effects from doing this. You need to use a
cut off tool to cut the springs ( not a torch ) by cutting 1 coil out it
will lower the front about 1.75". this gives me about 2.5 " from the top of
the tire to the wheel well, looks great ( not to low ). The back would look
better if I had lowered it 3" instead of 2" but the spring mounts will get
it there. The truck handles fantastically with out any bump steer even on
the most bumpy roads.
This is about as cheap as you can get it. and you do not have to remove the
spring from the truck to cut it. All you need to do is compress it with a
good spring compressor rotate the spring to the desired position to cut
and cut 1 coil out of the bottom of the spring. Rotate the spring back to
its original position release the compressor and your done. I only cut 1/2
of each coil to start with so I wouldn't go to far and have the thing on
the ground, but 1/2 a coil made very little change.
Hope this helps
And I am prepared for all of the negative posts on this one!!!!!!!!!

Colin H.