Re: headers

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Mon Nov 09 1998 - 00:04:00 EST

Anthony

I went with the JBAs due to the great price that W. Jack Hilton arranged
for us and the article about them in Sport Truck about 8 months ago
showing them pretty close to long tubes in torque and HP. I was leaning
towards the DTs (Mopar) but the price of the JBAs was too good to pass
up. I have been very happy with the performance and mileage increase. How
much different they are from the long tubes I can't say as I have no
point of comaprison. The JBAs are considered "shorties" as the tubes are
not as long as the "tri-Y" pipes. This makes them easier to install *BUT*
uses the restrictive stock y-pipe. The DTs come with a repalcement
y-pipe that is much less restrictive.

I don't believe that headers by themselves are going to do much for you.
I also have the K&N FIPK (14" open element) and the GIbson 3" catback.
Together these all add up for better performance.

I haven't had any problems with the hardware that came with the JBAs, but
I do check them regularly. If you're worried about them coming loose,
supposedly the Stage 8 hardware will keep tight and not back out.

Buena suerte.

Richard in SA