Re: Pictures of Lowered Dak's -Reply (Please Clerify)

From: Bob Nichols (bnich@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Tue Nov 10 1998 - 19:35:36 EST

jsm@iglou.com wrote:

> >ditto. I hear that more than 3" inches will make the rear bottom out pretty
> >easily with out anything in the back. If you go more than 3" then you
> >should definitly check out a C-notch. =)
>
> Guess I'll be finding out if you're right. Just ordered the 2" A-arms
> for the front and the adjustable 1" 1 1/2" 2" hanger from Sport Truck
> Direct. Already have the 2" shackle. Hopefully I'll have all the parts
> by next Monday. Seems they can't keep the A-arms in stock. Also, I was
> told that the arms come without ball-joints. So I will either have to
> have the stock ones drilled out or buy new ones. Originally the arms
> were supposed to have ball-joints installed but the supplier to Western
> Chassis didn't come through. It does lower the price some though from
> $229 to $199. However I'm not sure what new joints will cost. I kind of
> like the idea of having the adjustability on the shackle but plan on
> doing 2" on it for a total of 4" in back. I found that the 2" hangers
> brought the back down to almost level with the front. I opted for the
> Doetsch Tech nitro-slammer shocks from them as well. So it looks like
> Santa came early for me this year. <g> Once everything is on I'll take
> some pics and scan them.
>
> Steve
> Lou-a-vul
> jsm@iglou.com
>
> 97 Sport V6 CC Auto

Can someone tell me how shackles will lower a Dak? The hangers are not
upside down like a Ferd longer shackles will raise the truck, No?. And
theres no room for shorter ones. BTW Anyone have any thoughts about the
2" drop pocket in the A arm? Seems like it'll be pretty close to the
road (5" or so) Bob