slush-o-matic

From: Jon Smith (jdsmith4@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 10 1998 - 20:44:54 EST

Hi all, thought of a question and I'd like to get yalls opinion on this.
When I got the truck (19,000mi) it would run 1st gear to redline and
shift precisely at 4800rpm, around 50mph. I've noticed that over time,
we are not going anywhere near as fast when the tranny finally shifts
somewhere past 5000rpm usually about 42mph.

I've done no mods to the tranny (shift kit in near future) save for
Mobil 1 synth. I have changed from the stock 235.75.15 tires to
30x9.50, but this shouldn't account for almost 10mph difference at
shifting speed.

I'm thinking part is due to +\- normal wear and tear, but would the
synth fluid tend to let parts slip more easily producing slower shift
speeds? The first fluid change was at ~25,000mi going from mamopar
brand to the mobil 1 and changed again last week at ~ 55,000mi.

Lastly, where can I get a shift kit for this thing (46RE)? Local
boneheads at the dealer claims he dosn't know what a shift kit is, and
that I must be on crack.

Jon Smith
95 CC SLT 4x4x318
ICQ# 9720504