Re: Re: MPI Intake - Torque Effects? Was: mpg Effects?

From: Jules Glogovcsan (jghunter@nol.com)
Date: Wed Nov 11 1998 - 11:18:39 EST

----------
> From: GSWillhite <GSWillhite@ualr.edu>
> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> Subject: DML: Re: MPI Intake - Torque Effects? Was: mpg Effects?
> Date: Monday, November 09, 1998 11:07 AM

> Well Jules was right, My TBI was mounted too far to the
> left side, causing a missalignment with the intake.

They left a ridge (almost 1/4") in the intake path, no dought causing all
kinds of airflow
> (CFM) problems.

"... be fair, now... be fair!" :-) it is really like 3/32 per side... as
far as castings go... it really is a beautiful piece of work. a very
complex casting requiring unique patterns to facilitate production... it is
just typical of OE design... mill ridges... just like under valves in prod.
heads... interestingly enuff... there are a variety of design conifgs. at
the tbi mounting regarding the ais port air slots and bore dividers...

DML'ers should do an alignment check for
> sure.

an easy do... 4 hands better than 2

You may cringe at what you find! If the MPI intake
> is as good as tests has shown, I'll have to have one if
> its a bolt on and no serious adapter problems.

bottom end will go away some... ie driveability... most good installs have
backup equip to produce high signals to compensate...

jam'n