Toronto Meet Update

From: janor0@home.com
Date: Wed Nov 11 1998 - 18:25:48 EST

Hi Everyone,

I'm sending this to the DML as when I've been sending directly, a lot of
the messages are bouncing back to me. I'm hoping that by sending to the
DML, those that I've missed may get the message

This is an update for our meet on the 21st and a reply to Jon's post as
well.

I'm sorry that I haven't gotten back to everyone sooner, but busy is now
a complete understatement for me lately.

Jon Steiger wrote:

> So, looks like its the Playdium and Tuckers, eh?
>
> Did you have any ideas as to how we should all get together,
> and at what time? Like, do we meet up at the Playdium, or
> somewhere else? If we meet at the Playdium, do we hang out
> in the parking lot until everyone gets there, or...?
>
> It would be nice if we could find a place to line up all the
> trucks for a photo-op. :-) (Maybe in the Playdium parking lot?)
> If we want to get some photos, we'd probably have to do it as
> the first thing, or it might be too dark? (I still can't believe
> its dark at 5pm; hard to get used to.) :-P
>
> T minus 10 days! =) (Watch a blizzard come rolling through...) :-P
>
> -Jon-

No blizzards allowed Jon, except for a blizzard of Daks :) The
temperature for this weekend is supposed to be around 8-11 C (46-52 F).
I just hope that this will follow through for our weekend as well. If
you need updates on the weather here, go to:

http://weather.ec.gc.ca/forecasts/forecast.cgi?city=Toronto&province=Ontario

The parking lot idea is probably the best. Randy tells me that they
have a fairly large lot. Maybe I can make up a sign that says "Toronto
Dak Meet" seeing as none of us have ever met. That way we can spot
where to park.

I've also asked Randy to help put together directions for everyone.
Hey, I've never been there either, but it sounds like a lot of fun.
Jason is trying to get directions to Tucker's Marketplace from Playdium.

As for a time to meet, let's start with sometime in the morning? I
don't know how long of a drive everyone has in order to get here, so I
need to know (especially for the out-of-towners) how long it takes you
to get here and what time you think you'll be able to get in to
Toronto. I don't want to make anyone have to leave at 5:00am or some
other unreasonable hour.

For the US contingent, let me know which border crossing you're planning
to use so that we can get detailed directions for you from there.

This will be a lot of fun.

Keep in touch guys. I haven't heard anything from most of you for quite
some time. Send me a quick e-mail to verify who's coming.

See ya,
Norah

--
current:  '98 Dakota Sport black 4x4 CC V8/5.2L/Auto
current:  '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg Cab V6/3.9L/5spd