Brake Dust Covers -Reply

From: mike d. (Michael Z-Sykes) (MSykes@su.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 11 1998 - 23:00:52 EST

NNOOOOOOO!!! Brake dust covers BAAADDD!!! They warp your rotors
by not allowing them to cool properly!! I know this from talking to MANY
people about them. Due to the weight of the truck and the amount of heat
produced by stopping the beast, they don't allow the brakes to vent the
heat properly out the wheels and the heat gets reflected back to the
rotors, causing them to get even hotter than usual, then, when you get
rolling again, they cool at the same speedas they usually do and warp a
lot more than usual and they wear out quicker, trust me on this...
=)

-mike d.

>>> Robert Trottmann <rotrottmann@davidson.edu> 11/11/98 11:01pm

Anyone have these? Do they do anything worthwhile, like keep wheels
clean? Just wondering.
Later,
Robert

--