Re: Re:

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Thu Nov 12 1998 - 13:22:15 EST

At 02:07 PM 11/9/98 , you wrote:

>Mike,
>
>Ok, unless all the exhaust ran back through, this wouldnt really do
>anything, because it would only effect a small part of the gas. An egr
>tube is only as big as a pencil.

The egr valve was one of the first emission control devices to be
incorporated into cars. You wouldn't expect it to be very efficient. At the
time it was better than nothing, (Insert anti-environment argument here)

> I bet the idea is to heat up the
>incoming air. Thats why people want to take it off, that kills power.

You may be right about that. I'm working by way of memory mainly, and I'm
sure there is more to it than just recirculating the exhaust.

>Efficiency makes less pollution and more power. If it was an ideal
>process, the only exhaust would be water and CO2.

If it was an ideal process the cars would *run* on water. Oh well, we can
dream, can't we? :-)

Mike Crumley 97 V6 Auto
mail to: mcrumley@airmail,net

A government run by wrestlers: President
now shouts entire State of the Union address
with his face 18 inches from TV camera.