[Fwd: Carlsbad Raceway-- BE THERE :)]

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Thu Nov 12 1998 - 13:30:32 EST

Sam, why wait to race it? I've got about 10,000 trouble free miles on my
R/T and the first race down the 1/4 was at 1,500mi. Although it was
slower then, I personally don't believe I put any more strain on it than
normal Zero to 80 runs getting on a hwy or the like, plus I only made
one pass, just to see what it'd do. Plus, man is it FUN. Your heart
pounds when your staged and waiting for the lights. Harmless
fun. Alan S.

attached mail follows:

Martin, want to make a run to Carlsbad this Saturday??? My wife might
take her RT (don't know if she will run it---only had 1550 miles on
it)... But I will be running my '95.... (Trying to get Bruce to go as
well *hint* *hint*).

Sam '95 SLT