Re: Tire Chains on an R/T?

From: Jules Glogovcsan (jghunter@nol.com)
Date: Fri Nov 13 1998 - 12:34:31 EST

----------
> From: LazarisLng@aol.com
> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> Subject: DML: Tire Chains on an R/T?
> Date: Friday, November 13, 1998 11:16 AM
>
> Is it possible to safely put chains on an R/T? I have not heard of
chains in
> that size before and I don't know if it would void the warranty. My
fiancee
> keeps bugging me about going to the snow for thanksgiving and I need to
know
> if it's doable.
> Thanks
> Mike Gale
> 99 R/T

stops ski edge dressing/waxing...

being from the snow country and having extensive chain background i'd say
yes, will fit with ease...but you will want to fit them properly with
tensioners too

do not drive on hard pavement. check for looseness often. stop if
clack-clack noise appears

hard to get chains in non snow areas, but some will order them

100% dry fit them before you go. pull tires off truck. cut to fit to last
link for easy on side of road install... know the ropes. be prepared... you
sure don't want to be trying to fit them on the side of the road with a
blizzard at your back and vehicles passing by splashing icy cold dirt/snow
grim on you... to my way of thinking.

sears, western etc auto may be good sources

select tire size and then hand fit. you will want the rubber tensioners x4

best bet is to jack vehicle up, install real good with tensioners both
sides if long distance required

drive only long dist in good snow condition ie fresh

check chains frequently

no, chain damage to paint will not go away once the snow melts... :)

slow down... drive mins for max safety... no chains in snow makes great
360s!... good hickey-bobbin' in fresh packed snow, too...

jam'n