[Fwd: Re: Re: Dyno numbers]

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Mon Nov 16 1998 - 13:28:54 EST

I have an R/T with about 10,000 on it and I felt the same as you guys
about the power, or lack of it. It will get a lot better starting at
about 3,500-7,000 mi. so be patient. The mechanics at the dealership
told me the computer limits the performance during break-in and doesn't
give up all the goods until several thousand miles. Along with the motor
just being "tight" from assembly, the longer it runs, the "looser"and
faster it'll become. If you look at the front of valve cover on the
drivers side it has a engine size sticker on it, should say 5.9. Alan S.

attached mail follows:

> Subject: DML: Dyno numbers
> I need some help here to compare dyno # with
> somebody else that have dyno tested a complete
> stock R/T 5.9 and a regular 5.2. I dyno tested
> my -99 R/T CC 5.9 today and got really
> disappointed. Here are some numbers: 3700rpm /
> 247ft/lb torque4700rpm / 189 HP Please get back
> to me with some # that I can compare with, I
> think the factory have installed a 5.2 in my
> truck. I will check it at work on Monday, and if
> they have..............well lawsue comes to
> mind, because they charge me $1585 extra for a
> 5.9I would like if you could e-mail me direct
> instead of to the list. Swede at Huffines Dodge

Sometimes I wonder the same thing about my 99 R/T RC.
Everybody tells of their traction problems with the R/T and
the Motor Trend video showed an R/T smooking the tires quite
easily. Mine doesn't. The only way my R/T will burn rubber
is if I power brake it or really stand on it from a stop and
then it burns off maybe 3 or4 feet only. Exactly the same
as my 98 RC Sport did with the same 3.92 SG and the 318 V8.
If I feel any more power in the R/T it is probably $25 more
not $1,500 more.
Jim in Waco.
99 R/T RC 800 miles on odo.