Washshing the JETII

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Mon Nov 16 1998 - 13:16:09 EST

FYI for those having trouble with wet JETII modules, when I bought my
R/T the salesman went over a few things before he let me drive away. #1
on the list was never use a car wash to clean under the hood, and if you
do, avoid the computer area all together.He went on to say that a wet
computer has left many stranded. I think they should have at least
shrouded the thing with rubber splash guards or something. Anyway, my
mechanic cleans under the hood with simple green in a squirt bottle,
rinse with a moderate hoseing and finish with compressed air. I have
used a car wash , but avoided the computer and had no trouble. Alan S.