RE: TB Mods

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Mon Nov 16 1998 - 15:53:51 EST

Jav,
Whoa! Two sources of TBs here, one is MPI (beautiful hand made works of
art..) and The frank and Bruce show (presison cnc machined "econo" TBs)... I
dont think Jules would appreciate the confusion...
Now as far as the Frank and Bruce show, No warranties other than total
satisfaction! You dont like it, you send it back (alright, so there is a
little shipping charge...) We are not a "profit" organization in the true
sense. We are trying to cover our costs for making TBs for the DML only!
These are not publicly sold (nor would I want to, Ive got a full time day
job and so does Frank).. You can have us make one from a new core ($90.00 +
new core cost) or from a used/new core (our choice, $90.00 exchange), but
you must send yours in to us for the used/new core option. We will make
suggestions regarding the type of TB you may need, but you are really in the
drivers seat! Stage II is only needed (IMO) if you are planning lots of
mods, bolt on and internal to increase the throughput of your magnum. It
works on virtually stock engines too, but the stage one seems better suited
for "finite" mods. Unkess you are trying to get the modified TB covered, I
cant imagine a warraty problem with them, but I make no claims and must now
say: these are intended for off raod use only blah blah blah...If you are
running a stage one without the top "shaved off" your dealer will have a
hard time determining you have made a change (other than the extra
power)...I have a II on my 98 R/TCC (8600 miles) best time to date 15.2 w/o
the JETII chip (sounds familiar)
BKB (if you are interested in the F&B TB, give me a private email...)