Re: Re: polishing R/T wheels ?

From: Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Mon Nov 16 1998 - 18:00:20 EST

>Check on getting them chromed. Much less clean up and maintenance. Most
>places charge about the same to chrome as to polish and you may be able to
>swap them out if they have them in stock.

Well , I would love too , but the trunaround on chroming is alot longer as
they usually send them out of state .

Also , I have heard from more than one scource that chroming aluminum
wheels weakens them an average of 30% .

I had a set of chromed wheels once . The one thing that I hated about them
was that if you got one little nic in them , they would start peeling .

I haven't found any place yet that has the R/T wheels in stock , save of
course for the dealer .

Jack Hilton

HEMI@charter.net