Re: ATTN: Audiophiles

From: jim miller (jmiller@texnet.net)
Date: Mon Nov 16 1998 - 20:11:27 EST

Toomey2me@aol.com wrote:

> I have decided to upgrade my stereo. I also want to get some new speakers, front
>
> and rear. Whats the biggest i can get in either hole.

I have 8" Pioneer with 30 oz mags up front but you have to remove some metal with
a jig saw. I really believe I could have gotten 10"s in there.They dont interfear
with my power windows either. However if you have manual crank windows you may
have a problem. As far as the rear in the RC anyway there is not much room in the
sidewall and the speakers mount on flimsy plastic pannels so I dont use them. I
have a single 10" pioneer sub in a slant enclosier behind the driver seat. If you
want to put one behind the passenger seat you have to relocate the jack outside
the cab. For a head unit I chose the Pioneer DEH-P85R and it is the custom fit
GM/Chrysler looks great and doesnot require an adaptor to fit the dash. Cost 449
but there are other models that start below 200 in this line. 35W x 4 Peak
power. I use a 280 W Power acoustic amp bridged into the SW. Crossover built
into the Pioneer radio for the SW.
Jim in Waco
99 R/T RC