[Fwd: Re: R/T times]

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Tue Nov 17 1998 - 10:07:18 EST

Shane, sad but true, 15.1 @ 90 is all it'll do and I DON'T have a
traction problem. I'm thinking you are the one that's extraordinary
running 15.1 new and now 14.3. I'm starting to believe the
altitude/temperature theory. Also, I have documentation from several
magazine tests on the R/T and none went faster than 15.4. Sport truck
magazine had an article early in '98 and listed the 1/4 at 16.2 @ 84.
Either some trucks are just faster or the temp/alt of the track makes a
huge difference. BTW my trucks first time slip was right on the money,
16.2 @ 84 mph 2JUL98 (1,500 mi. on odometer) at Thunder Valley in
Norman, OK.

attached mail follows:

In a message dated 11/16/98 1:01:20 PM Eastern Standard Time, ashort@flash.net
writes:

> [...]
R/T
rc has gone 15.1 @ 90mph with JET II, 180 stat, elec fans, K&N drop in,
at the Texas Motorplex in early OCT. The actual time slips that Chrysler
posted was a 16.1 @ 84mph. So you're about as fast as you can
be. Alan S.>>>>>>>>>>>>

  First off, I can't beleive you only ran a best of 15.1 @90mph. My R/T, when
it was only six days old and with only 425mi. on the odometer went 15.181 @
90.25mph. This was with the spare, jack, tailgate and etc. with over a half
tank of fuel. Now 8500 mi.later, sticky tires a K&N and a fresh air system ,
180 stat, no spare and less than a quarter tank of fuel it's in the 14.3s at
over 94mph.

 Secondly, that 16.1 @ 84mph you quoted as being Chryslers' time slip.......
That was "Sport Truck" magazines' times of a pre-production '98 RT in a
comparison shoot-out for 1998 sport truck of the year award.

  Outside of mileage, the sticky and shorter M&H DOT approved tires helped my
ET the most. You can keep on bolting on power enhancers to your truck....
but, what good are they if you are still not efficiently getting that power to
the GROUND!

 Good Luck,
 Shane Baker