RE: Vorteched R/T

From: Mok, Alan (SPB) (AMok@spbank.com)
Date: Tue Nov 17 1998 - 18:47:58 EST

Consider the fuel pressure gauge and boost gauge mandatory. As for the
boost/vaccum gauge, any autometer mechanical model will do. Size depends on
space/taste.

You can get a molded A-pillar pod that accepts 2 in. gauges (single or dual)
made by autometer. Check out their website. I think they only make these
pods for F-bodies or mustang but I could be wrong. You can easily trim them
to fit a dak.

Fuel gauges comes in mech. Or electric. I've used both and mech. Is the
best. Electric is too slow to respond and the sender won't last after being
cooked by underhood temperatures.

As far as running fuel lines inside the cab it's a sticky issue. Don't run
fuel lines into the cab. It's unsafe and any sanctioned track will kick you
out for that. Autometer has had many problems with the isolator leaking and
the installation is difficult if you want it to read accurate. I've had this
setup in my other car for a few years and so far no problems. It's a bitch
to bleed the air from the isolator and you have to do it several times to
get it right. I think they have discontinued the isolator but I could be
wrong. Wish it was simpler.

The main thing is if you see you FP drop when boost builds get out of the
throttle! FP should go up if you have an FMU and adequate pump/lines.

Alan

'98 Dakota R/T (Headers, FABM & gave up on Shift kit)
'89 Mustang GT (347, Griggs GR-40 , Vortech S-trim...)
Ducati 996 (someday)