Major Squeak????

From: dakota4x4@hotmail.com
Date: Wed Nov 18 1998 - 13:59:50 EST

I am a new member to the list and have a problem I was wondering if anybody else
has encountered.

I own a 98 CC Sport V-8 4x4 Loaded 27K Miles since January
The truck has developed what I would call a major Squeak and it is quite loud.
The sound seems to be coming from the front end of the truck. The Squeak
is directly related to the speed of the vehicle NOT engine speed, braking, or using 4WD.
It is usually heard anytime after the vehicle has sat and cooled off. It usually
will last about 5 miles and stops after the vehicle has warmed up. I have
had all fluids checked and the engine oil changed religiously every 3000 miles.
The sound seems to be coming from the right front of the truck but it is difficult
to pinpoint from inside the cab. Are there any suggestions?? Axle? Bearing? .....??
I am taking it to the dealer this weekend (under warrantly) to get it checked out
but thought I might try and get a possible diagnosis first.

Let me know....THANKS!

dakota4x4, Mt. Vernon, WA

         (__) ,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was sent via Jaek and
         (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow gateway. That is to say, the
  /-------\/_/ : :: :: : ) person who sent this message could in fact be an
 / | MAIL|| \_ ' '`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this message was
* ||"" || \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu domain, it
   ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the world.
Please keep this in mind. Thank you! --Jaek (smit2204) and -Jon- (stei0302)