water Pump HELP!!

From: david zavetsky (zavetsky@usaor.net)
Date: Wed Nov 18 1998 - 20:17:47 EST

I am trying to change the water pump on my 92 Dakota V8......

I have changed pumps before, and figured no problem.....

Well, Both of my manuals say that all I gotta do to remove the fan assembly
is to remove the pulley bolts.....NOT!

There is a large nut behind the fan....the new water pump has a threaded
receiver on it that I assume will accept the fan assembly....Problem is, I
cant get the damn nut to budge!!! Is there a trick to getting this thing off?

I tried leaving the belt on, applying pressure to the tensioner while trying
to remove the nut.....I tried tapping the nut with hammer blows against the
wrench....Then I removed the pulley bolts and fan bolts but NOTHING can be
removed till that stinkin nut is free.....

Any ideas??

"M ove O ver, P ickup A pproacing R apidly!"
1992 Dakota 4x4, Standard cab, short bed, 5.2 L V8, K&N, Gibson/Dynomax
exhaust,Power Puleys, MP SBEC, 180 degree thermostat, Bushwhackers,
tire/wheel package, Lund Moonvisor & Interceptor, Custom Cover tonneau,
Bundy rear bumper, chrome grillguard/pushbar

see http://www.usaor.net/users/zavetsky for pictures!

MOPAR or NOCAR!