RE: Throttle Trouble Attn: ---> Dan

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gsc.gte.com)
Date: Thu Nov 19 1998 - 17:40:44 EST

That's funny, mine idles at 65 mph.
Rich - Ashburn, VA

-----Original Message-----
From: mike d. (Michael Z-Sykes) [mailto:msykes@su.edu]
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 1998 5:16 PM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: DML: Throttle Trouble Attn: ---> Dan

You're idle is probably set too high, or your Throttle Position Sensor is
out
of adjustment. No big deal =) Does it move pretty quickly at idle? Mine
was idling at 20 mph when I first got it and had the dealer turn my idle
down, now it's fine. =)
hope this helps too =)

-mike d.

>>> Dan Matthews <dakota_v6_89@hotmail.com> 11/18/98 07:02pm >>>
This problem just started 2 days ago. It's not just the driveshaft
kicking in. I noticed that long ago, but this problem is like i kept
My foot on the gas at all times. Even when im in park, the engine revs
at @ 2000-2500 rpms. My idle usually sits at about 1000 rpm.
Do you think it could be related to the automatic choke? I really dont
know.

Thanks!
-Dan Matthews
 '89 Dakota LE \2wd \auto