Re: Gary Pinkley's Pictures

From: Gary Pinkley (gapinkley@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Nov 20 1998 - 22:02:22 EST

Original Messages:

<Are you planning on offering lowering leafs for the older (pre-'97)
<bodystyle too? (I haven't found any for my '96 yet.) And if so, what
<impact would they have on the load / towing capability? I don't want
<to use blocks in the rear for various reasons (they'll crack, I need
<to use traction bars, etc.), so I was thinking maybe a shorter leaf; but
<I do still need to tow (~4000-4500lbs) on occasion
<-Jon-
> stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu

<I want some prototype pieces too!! : (
<When can I get my hands on some of those rear leafs?
<Ryan K
<'99 R/T RC
--------------
I'm not sure the R/T can be lowered any further from stock. I am
concerned about the offset the stock R/T hitting the fenders
when dropped. (Please email me back with your comments)

Currently, as it stands, we don't have plans to produce new
springs for the earlier Daks. I have to get an older gen in the
shop to compare the differences w/ a 97+ . Then, I'll be able
to say whether or not we will produce anything.

Towing: these are sport springs, meant for sport handling
and light duty use (motorcycles, refrigerators, plywood, etc.) ,
hence the spring is designed to give a ride rate less than
stock so it's not quite as choppy. The spring also has an
overload to help when loaded. Towing capacity would be
dependant on the tongue weight of the trailer. If I can get
some time, I'd like to design an air-bag assist, just for you
towing guys. It's impossible to design a spring that lowers
the truck, gives a better ride, and still will tow a mobile home
within the factory frame.

Our suspension products for the 97+ Dakotas should be
available at the end of January. (Christmas always throws
a wrench into our new product delivery times.)

Here's a list of the 97+ 2WD Dakota products we will be offering:
        Sport Coils Spring Set, 2" Lower
        Sport Leaf Spring Set, 3" Lower
        Sport Sway Bar Set (This will really help towing stability)
                Kits for both stock height and 2/3-4 lowered

Products under evaluation (no firm plans to produce, please give
me some feedback):
        Bump Steer Correcting Tie Rod End for lowered trucks
                                                        w/17" or larger wheels
        Air Assist kit for load leveling.

97+ Dakota 4WD:
        Sport Sway Bar Set, Stock Height

98+ Durango 4WD
        Sport Sway Bar Set

99+ Durango 2WD (Yes, I've already got prototypes being made)
        Sport Coil Spring Set, 2" Lower
        Sport Leaf Spring Set, 3" Lower
        Sport Sway Bar Set

Gary Pinkley