Re: Rumor Mill...

From: Walter_Felix (Walter_Felix@email.msn.com)
Date: Fri Nov 20 1998 - 22:54:29 EST

I agree that the company can pick up and move anywhere in the world if they
so choose, the point I was trying to make was that it would be (1) difficult
and (2) costly. If German law requires ¼ of the board of directors to be
union members and that company moves it's headquarters to the US where that
is not required, the union is going to have some strong objections to such a
move. There would also be an issue with displaced German workers if they
move.

I think this rumor started because some Chrysler executives discovered how
expensive it will be for Chrysler to have a presence there.

I'm not claiming to be an expert on Germany. I'm just going with my
observations. I have been to Germany a few times and my fiancée is from
Germany and works for a large German Company here in the US.

Walter Felix
88½ Dakota Sport 4x4
WWW.GeoCities.Com/~Walter_Felix