Re: Yellow 99 R/Ts

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Sat Nov 21 1998 - 12:08:10 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: HrtbeatZ28@aol.com <HrtbeatZ28@aol.com>
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
Date: Saturday, November 21, 1998 8:16 AM
Subject: Re: DML: Yellow 99 R/Ts

>There were 2 Yellow 99's at Sunflower Dodge, Kansas City, Kansas 1-CC 1-RC.
>This in addition to 1-Red CC & 1 Black RC in early November. They are a
huge
>Dodge dealer. One of the biggest in the Midwest which probably explains why
>they had so many. But there was no dealing with em, sticker price or look
>somewhere else. I looked somewhere else. When I bought mine in Oct. I
>seriously looked at the possibility of Yellow. But thought after 3-4 years
>would I still like a Yellow truck. Had seen a Sport RC in Yellow and it was
>striking on first impression. Then saw the R/T in Yellow, even more
striking.
>Then thought, after seeing 2 at one dealer and everybody talking about
Yellow,
>how rare was it going to be? As far as rarity goes it still may belong to
the
>Intense Blue, I have yet to see one of those in person. But alas, my middle
>age brain overtook my "WOW" side, and I got the Black CC. I'm satisfied to
the
>"MAX" with it.
>As far as the outlined graphics go would love to see what it looks like.
>Anyway of getting a look at them. Will monitor DML for more info.

Speaking of Yellow RT's, I took my wife's Yellow RT on a 250 trip last night
up
to Los Angeles and back, and managed a solid 15.5 mpg average, running 70-75
the entire way (with a couple 80-100 runs on the open flat fwy around 1
am!)...

I've not seen another yellow Dakota RT, except for the RC on the RT
Registry, and
my wife's truck. I've seen a few black ones, 2- Amethyst (Bruce's & a
customer at the
dealership), a couple of red RT's (*one is still sitting at the dealer,
where we bought
ours), and a couple of Intense blues (one was Martin's RT). The thing that
MIGHT make
the Yellow the rarest of all... First model year with yellow (99), 5.9 RT
package, and possibly
the last year RT with 5.9 (yellow will more than likely carryover), as the
rumor mill is working
on the 4.7's being in future RT's (so I've heard)... Who knows...

I'd like to get the bumble bee stripes like the RC on the RT Registry, who's
the person to
contact about 'em???

Sam '95 SLT
Sonya '99 RT

BTW: Noticed some 'squeaking' while driving the wife's RT last night, and
found that
the fender well (below the gas door) was loose. Turns out the entire
driver's side bed
front and back of the wheel well is loose. Took it to the dealer this
morning, and they
couldn't look at it until monday (I was pissed). I checked it real good
when I got home,
and it appears that the 'screws' that are used to attach the fender to the
plastic splash
guards were loose (real loose). The only way to tighten them was to remove
the fender
flare, and then tighten the screws, then replace the fender flair. I am
tempted to do it
myself, but would rather have to dealer take the hit if there's any paint
problems after the
work. I plan on bitching about the popping noise in the bed too (when you
turn into a
driveway, or turn in a dip, etc.) as it happens occationally, and I don't
feel that I need to
let it go.

sp