Re: Gary Pinkley's Pictures

From: Gary Pinkley (gapinkley@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Nov 21 1998 - 12:17:07 EST

Bob,
The difference is the rear sway bar endlink length. For 2-3" drop,
the stock front endlink works just fine. I've never looked at a Dak
with as much drop as you have to be able to say whether or not
the sway bars will work. I have resdesigned the front sway bar to
allow more clearance around the factory tie rod and the wheel when
used on a lowered vehicle. You may be able to get away with
trimming your factory endlinks 1", again I've never seen your truck
so I'm only guessing. The front of my truck is sitting at 3"
currently and I don't hit anything when I use the factory 15" wheels.
Using my proposed dropped tie rod ends would definitely help the
clearance to the swaybar, but you have to step up to 17" wheels.
Who makes the springs you're using? Can you get them to tell you
what their spring rate is?

Gary Pinkley