Re: low idle

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Sat Nov 21 1998 - 12:40:58 EST

At 03:07 PM 11/20/98 , you wrote:

>i have a 97 v6 and the idle is real low, probably around 600 rpm or so. if i
>get on it and then i stop pretty quick then it will die sometimes i tryed
>cleaning the throttle body very good, i thought it might be bad gas. i just
>don't know. i need a little dml knowledge to help me.

First of all, I don't think 600rpm is too low. I, too, have a 97 V6 and it
idles at about 600. But it rarely falls below that and when it does it
regains 600 quickly. What shape are your spark plugs in? Have you ever run
any of that injector cleaner additive thru your tank? Personally, I
consider that stuff to be part of regular maintenance. If you've never used
any, you might try pouring a bottle in your tank your next fill up. It
might even take two tanks if you've never used any. Changed the air filter
lately? These are a few easy and cheep :-) things to try first.

Mike Crumley 97 V6 Auto
mail to: mcrumley@airmail,net

Some mornings it just doesn't seem
worth it to gnaw through the leather straps.