Re: Shift Kit & K&N ?s

From: Jon Smith (jdsmith4@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Nov 22 1998 - 09:04:20 EST

Rob, can't help you out with the shift kit, I'm in the market for one
myself. I first went with the drop-in K&N, marginal perf. gain, some
mileage. A few weeks ago, I went by the parts store and picked up an
Edelbrock 10" filter housing to drop in the K&N; man what a difference.
A wonderful intake sound, noticible power increase, can't say about
mileage b/c of a tire change before I could go on a road trip. If you
get a cleaner housing other than one specifically made to fit the truck,
expect to change the lid hold down bolt to a 4 incher.

Jon Smith
95 CC SLT 4x4x318 slush o'matic