RE: Shift Kit & K&N ?s

From: Holloway,Frank T (Frank.T.Holloway@KP.ORG)
Date: Sun Nov 22 1998 - 15:01:50 EST

Rob,
A couple of thoughts here. Colin can help you with the steps on adjusting
your tranny. From his posts, he seems very knowledgeable and more than
willing to provide info. In regards to the firmness of shifts, if your
tranny hasn't been serviced in a while and you don't feel like messing with
a shift kit. Try changing the tranny fluid and replenishing with B&M Trick
Shift transmission fluid. It is compatible with the Dodge transmissions and
it really does firm up the shifts. The first time you service it, the shifts
will be a lot better. As time goes by, the shifts tend to soften up a little
but still better then before the fluid change. The reason for the softness
over time is that the new fluid mixes wit the fluid in the torque converter.
After the second change, I think you would be happy with the shifts. My
thoughts and experience......

        Frank