20 Questions (or so)

From: Jim, Donna, Erin, and Brian (leefam@wcc.net)
Date: Sun Nov 22 1998 - 16:40:12 EST

Okay fellow DMLers here are a bunch of problems...

First of all I would like to say that the previous owner of my truck kept
very good records of maintenance he did or had done on the truck. I bought
it at 77,000 miles(which were trailer towing miles) and it now has 90,000
miles (which a fair amount are towing and ass hauling miles). 93 Dak CC V8
2wd...

Okay, now for the questions...

1. I am going to change the tranny fluid and filter over the Thanksgiving
weekend. Um, just out of curiosity, I checked to see when this was done
last, NO RECORD OF IT!!!! Is it possible this guy never changed the fluid?
 That's scary. Anything I should be worried about (other than if that's
true the possibility of my tranny dying)?

2. What type of tranny fluid? Nothing that comes from Pep Boys, cause we
don't have one. Only two Autozones, a Parts America, and a NAPA.

3. Nothing in the records about changing the fuel filter either. Could
this be causing my truck to run lean? It's probably clogged pretty bad -
it was a ranch truck and all. I plan to take care of this over Christmas.
If I understand all this, I need to drain the fuel out of the tank, then
just change the filter, right? Mine is not in the tank, but along the
frame rail. Now to go along with this, is there a way to clean out the gas
tank? I know on metal tanks you can get them boiled out at a radiator
shop, but since mine is made out of plastic resin stuff, how do I do it? I
think the tank is probably filled with gunk, too.

4. Has anybody had problems with their JBA's hitting suspension parts???
This probably only applies to 92-96 Daks with 2wd. After I put mine on, I
started to hear this ominous clucking sound over moderate size bumps, but
didn't think much about it. Not too long ago, my dad and I were working on
my truck, and found that the passenger side A-arm has been knocking the
crap out of one of the pipes. It is heavily and sharply creased and looks
like sh!t. I admit those things must be strong, because I'm suprised the
tube haven't broken yet. I need to e-mail Jeff at JBA, so I need his address.

The thing is that I'm not sure if it's the header, or if something isn't
right with the suspension. The suspension looks fine, and isn't broken
anywhere that I can see - it just needs new bushings (I'll be swapping to
polyuerethere). Also, I guess I'll probably need to return the JBA's. Do
you think I can get a refund? I would like a replacement header (over a
complete refund), but I think if they send me another one, the same thing
will happen to it. Don't get me wrong, I love 'em, but not when they get
in the way of my suspension parts.

I think that's all, for now at least!

THANKS in advance!!!

Brian