[Fwd: Re: [Fwd: header troubles]]

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Mon Nov 23 1998 - 12:07:30 EST

Russ, are you sure? Have you measured the new system pre-assembled? I
ask because my stock pipe came off without much trouble, but when I put
the Mopar Y-pipe up it went all the way to the cat and I had to cut off
the 18" to 24" of stock Y-pipe to cat to use all of the Mopar pipe. Mine
is rc though so I don't know about cc. You probably won't be able to
clamp the chromed pipe to the cat pipe with much success anyway, so if
you have too much trouble with the clamped joints, don't be scared to
cut them off right at the joints and have them welded up. Good luck.
Alan S.

attached mail follows:

Alan,

   The Mopar Performance y-pipe falls WAY short of reaching my cat. My cat is
under my CC. There is a pipe about 2 1/2 feet long going from the stock y to
the cat. This joint is where I am running into the trouble. I have to
replace the stock y-pipe with the new one, just have to figure out how to get
it to let go. Thanks for the help.

Russ
97 4X4 CC 318