Re: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: header troubles]]

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Mon Nov 23 1998 - 12:13:49 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Short <ashort@flash.net>
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
Date: Monday, November 23, 1998 9:05 AM
Subject: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: DML: header troubles]]

>Russ, are you sure? Have you measured the new system pre-assembled? I
>ask because my stock pipe came off without much trouble, but when I put
>the Mopar Y-pipe up it went all the way to the cat and I had to cut off
>the 18" to 24" of stock Y-pipe to cat to use all of the Mopar pipe. Mine
>is rc though so I don't know about cc. You probably won't be able to
>clamp the chromed pipe to the cat pipe with much success anyway, so if
>you have too much trouble with the clamped joints, don't be scared to
>cut them off right at the joints and have them welded up. Good luck.
>Alan S.

Alan, your RC has shorter exhaust than a CC, and the Mopar header setup
is made to bolt up to the stock exhaust (not cutting) on a CC, with the RC
needing
modifications. The problem taking the stock CAT-stock-Y pipe off is a
common
one. It's probably the same guy on the line each time... Using an air gun
to tighten
the U-bolts, and he crimps the pipes together when he does it :(

Sam '95 SLT