New member

From: William T. Goldbach (goldbach@tellink.net)
Date: Tue Nov 24 1998 - 20:41:26 EST

I just found this new, GREAT resource! I don't know how it took me so long
to realize you guys were out there! I've got a '97 RC 4x4, 318, 5-speed,
Driftwood/Agate Dakota. Mods so far are a drop-in K&N, Borla cat-back, hard
tonneau cover, 16x7.5 6-spoke GARA wheels, and 275-70-16 Yokohama Guardex
tires (pretty much a Winter-only truck). I've been searching the archives,
but really never found a definitive answer to one question: Can the
rev-limiter be defeated somehow? Mine seems to cut out somewhere below 5K.
Is that right? Maybe I got too used to the 9000 RPM abilities of my Eagle
Talon, but isn't 5K pretty low? Also, has anyone totally removed the noisy,
and I assume power-robbing stock fan? I'm thinking about a
thermostatically-controlled radiator-mounted electric fan. Comments &
suggestions will be appreciated. (By the way, in case anyone's wondering,
the 1" larger diameter tires do rub at full lock, just a little) Thanks!
Bill Goldbach, Wilton, NH