RE: 92 Dakota tailgate

From: Sam Parthemer (maverick_nr552@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 25 1998 - 14:26:23 EST

>The '96 TG is clean; no raised letters. The '95 TG has big raised
letters
>stamped into the metal. I've seen earlier years also with raised
letters,
>but I cannot verify them at this time. Hope this also helps a little.
>Rich - Ashburn, VA

Err.. The '95 doesn't have stamped TG, only a sticker the entire width
of the TG on the bottom, with D O D G E removed from the sticker on the
lower right side, making it the same color as the truck paint. If you
were to remove the 'sticker', it would be a clean TG. On '96 Model TG,
there's no sticker, only the letters
D O D G E on the upper right hand side of TG (stickers)... The letters
from the '96 could be pealed off and placed into the 'letter
blanks' on my '95... They're an exact 'Positive' from my 'Negative'.

'91-'93/94 had the Stamped TGs.

Sam '95 SLT (outlined TG)